- In your voice lessons, we will refine your skills in singing. I will help you feel comfortable and confident in your singing voice. We will work on music that you are passionate about and help you feel in control of your voice.
- The voice uses several groups of muscles. We will create vocal exercises tailored to fit your voice and I will explain how each one works and why we do them (just like a personal trainer at the gym)!
- The breath is incredibly important (hey - we can't live without it)! We will find songs and movements that allow the breath to be free and stable for your singing.
I can't sing - I'm practically tone deaf. Can you help?
- Being able to sing in tune isn't necessarily something you're born with, but it's a skill that can be developed: just like a golf swing or piano playing!
- We will use vocal exercises and music reading lessons to help you identify why you might be having trouble singing certain notes, and there are many options for fixing that! If you can hear music, you can match pitch.
How old should my child be to begin lessons?
- Generally speaking, music is important for EVERY age - from before birth until you're leaving this earth.
- For private piano, students should know their alphabet and be able to sit and stay focused for 30 minutes. I've found that 6 or 7 years old is about right.
- If you have a child under 5 years old, I highly recommend a group music class, such as Music Together where educators work with the child AND parent in creating music in class and at home.
How much are lessons and how do I pay?
- I have several rate packages designed to help you find what you are looking for.
- I offer a semester long tuition package for school-aged students as well as a month to month option, if you think you cannot commit to a full session.
- I also offer "drop-in" rates based on availability.
What do I need for my first lesson?
- You should show up to your first lesson with a blank notebook, a bottle of water, and an open mind! We will be exploring lots of sounds, movements, and getting to know your voice. Have a favorite song in mind (preferably with a Youtube karaoke track you can sing to, or printed sheet music, if available) and wear clothes you can move in. We will have lots of fun!